-->

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Star Vs The Forces Of Evil S3 E28: Total Eclipsa The Moon



Should I have started this from the first season and episode?

Yeah, probably, but anyway!

A cursory look at The Bog Beast of Boggabah - it exists. Nothing wrong with it, but I have never been fond of those episodes where Star was pulled away from discovering her history to go on a wild goose chase (See; "Starfari").

I will give River's speech to Star near the end as a special moment.

"You have so much greatness in you, dear, I don't want anything to stand in your way. Especially yourself."

Me and Star are so similar, I love her so much.

Onto "Total Eclipsa The Moon"!


"I had a daughter. I'd like to know what happened to her."



Moon opens the episode (which takes place concurrently to the previous one), by slaming the door on Star's face as she prepares for Eclipsa's trial.

She decides to visit her great x 8 ancestor to ask her; Is the queen after you, Festivia the Fun, your daughter?

And Eclipsa says no, I don't know who Festivia is, my daughter was Meteora.

And so the pair go to the headquarters of the Magic High Commision to find the Archives that hold the true history of the Butterfly Matriarchy.

Moon ends up erasing the memory of Stan, the guard (Remember him from "Page Turner"?)

We also get a name for Eclipsa's Mewnian husband that she abandoned as she reads her scroll in the Mewnian Archive - King Shastacan.



You just can't help but feel bad for Eclipsa.

And again, her daughter's name is listed as Festivia, where it's been very clearly edited, about as subtle as a hit job.

Moon thinks she knows who may have erased the archive, and tells her that Meteora may still be alive - and then Star comes in. And the episode ends.



What a way to come back after a nearly four-month absence! Points of interest:

The Archives are absolutely stunning.


I also like how Moon asks "Well, how is a Mewman/Monster hybrid possible?"

Most curiously to me - Festivia was not Eclipsa's biological daughter. Fannon - Jossed!

Do I care who erased Meteora from the archives?

Somewhat.

 I'm far more interested in where Festivia came from.



Or - what she might be. In retrospect, considering Moon's extended family has women with cheek markings, it's totally possible that Festivia is still a real Butterfly, just not one intended for the throne. Kind of a let down.

How will Moon react when she and Star puts their information together and she learns that Meteora = Heinous? I highly expect Eclipsa to side with her daughter and give us an epic 2v2 fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...