-->

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Star Vs The Forces Of Evil S3 E 31 & 32


Once again, a pair of episodes I wasn't looking forward to that ended up being very interesting.


"Maybe everyone's out grocery shopping or on a picnic. That's what peasants do, right?"


Buff Frog goes 'missing' - actually, he and many of the monsters leave Mewni because well, it sucks for non humanoid monsters a whole bunch.

Tom speaking about his dual heritage is a well-meaning if not totally 1:1 description of people of color in the real world. I didn't expect them to do, but the line "When I'm in an elevator, I'm just a monster, and once they find out I'm rich, then they treat me better." hit hard.

Though...how did no one realize that Tom, the purple guy with horns and three eyes, is a monster?



Seriously. How?

  • I loved Tom's awkward response to Star in the beginning. That sounds very much like myself.
  • I also like how Marco takes the L just so Tom can spend time with Star.
  • It's strange that the monsters would make an active attempt to kidnap Star, the one royal who has made the attempt to do better by them.


Also - punch cheek marks.


Someone on the subreddit said it best - Marco has a habit of running off - for Star, might I add - and abandoning people. First Jackie, and now his parents, and his parents are actually written to not be the compliant girlfriend and actually show dismay at their son ignoring them.

Marco has been gone so long, his parents don't even know him any more.

Also, remember the promo for the rest of the season that involved Marco's reflection in a gold tooth?

That's with this painter fairy-dinosaur. Not Meteora. Slightly disappointed.

Also, I thought his Picasso-esque portrait-morphation you'd find in a home in the 90's was super cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...