-->

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Star Vs The Forces Of Evil S3 E 35 & 36


Guess the Moon got Eclipsed after all.



Nothing but respect for MY once Queen of Mewni.


Bam Ui Pati! got a fair bit of hate because it didn't really talk about what had happened at St. Olga's two episodes ago, and I get it, but what did you expect. The Ponyhead family episode before this (Ponymonium) didn't advance the plot either.

The bits with the show were hilarious, and I enjoyed seeing Ponyhead's former boyfriend but now extreme square cell phone representative pal again.



Magical 3D printing, I love it.

The Hot People on TV say that one setback shouldn't end your life, and Ponyhead realizes that THEY ARE RIGHT.

🌸🌸🌸

And now, Loser IT Rep (no relation) has 3D printed an artificial horn for Ponyhead!

"May I do the honors?"
"No! That is reserved for my favorite sister."
Sister who I don't know the name of is crying honored tears.
"Are you, dense?! I was talking about Star!"

 You know, This world is super schizo-techy, them having phones and laptops I can handle, but there are ROBOT HEADMISTRESSES and COMMERCIAL 3D PRINTERS THAT SPIT OUT GLASS COPIES  OF ORGANIC LIFEFORMS.


This is a bit less remarkable, it's essentially a magic wand, after all.

Hey, now she can make it flash like one of those glowy rave sticks.

I love the episodes with the Ponyhead family, but I'm one of the five people on the planet who loves Ponyhead. I like how this parodied K-Dramas in the climax, not as if the entire show isn't one big Sailor Moon parody (but SM isn't Korean so, yeah).




Meteora is rampaging through the countryside, ruining the peasant's homes and handing out headwear (seriously).

I love how well Eclipsa and Moon get along now - Moon understands the very hard position Eclipsa is in, and the latter realizes, slowly, that this isn't just teenage angst, but an angry, magical monster.

Also, she's stealing their souls with eyebeams.

Not directed at the sky.

Eventually, the pair do find her, and as terrified as this 400 year old woman is, Eclipsa goes up with her daughter's favorite toy and tries to talk her down.


I'm actually a bit disappointed the Eclipsa/Meteora reunion wasn't a bit more heartfelt, but it works. I would have gone for something in the vein of Eclipsa seeing Meteora from afar like how she was at St. Olga's and not getting a chance to talk with her before this point here. It just felt kind of abrupt.

While I understand her reasoning, Moon kind of ruined what could have been a somewhat peaceful resolution, as she once again tries to attack - no, kill - Meteora after Eclipsa was close enough to stopping her.

And even in the end, Eclipsa won't let her daughter be hurt.


I think it's a combination of digging deep (The eyes and glowy cheeks) and the Pact of Queens (the arm cracks on both of them).

I refused to believe that Eclipsa couldn't do wandless magic. Maybe she never learned the Super Saiyan Butterfly form or didn't care to learn it, but I believed she could do wandless magic.

But now, Moon's soul is taken.

Partially.

Don't worry, she's only mostly dead.

Whatever remains of Moon Butterfly opens a portal and goes to the Realm of Magic, you know, that place Star went where she almost lost her memory with the unicorns. Curiously, Moon's magic animals seem to be jellyfish, based on the promo for THE FINALE.

I want to say "I hope Moon makes it out of this okay, because her life hasn't been great." but based on the synopsis for season 4.....I doubt it.

I'm expecting her to be like Glossaryk - maybe not mentally there anymore and hangs out in the Realm of Magic while Star learns to be queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...