-->

Friday, April 13, 2018

# 33: Rampage



Our finale, folks! And...

Takes itself too seriously, but somehow it almost works .
                                                              Video game movies are not our friends.

Before now, 2016 was the last time I bothered, with the one-two-gutpunch that was Angry Birds and Warcraft, the former which was slightly amusing and the latter I enlisted the help of a friend to ask her what the fuck any of that meant.

I gracefully bent out of seeing Assassin's Creed, but this review of the film makes me laugh every time.

There are still plenty I haven't seen; Prince of Persia has been a long-awaited hole-in-the-bucket list film for me

I am hoping next year's Sonic The Hedgehog can break us out of the animated funk, even though it's CGI/Live Action hybrid.

Onto Rampage; Giant wolves! Giant...sea serpents! And giant apes!

Hey, fun fact; Both Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt are going to be in Disney's Jungle Cruise.



This film is basically a less interesting Skull Island.

It doesn't look as nice, it's not as funny, my fave is still killed by a giant lizard, it's only benefit is that there are far less people to keep track of.

Which is great, because the people here are astonishingly empty. If last month wasn't enough for you, we have the return of the Government Hick Lackey. Which is an...interesting archetype to suddenly push on us.

The humor is extremely lame and paint by numbers. This is every action cliche from the 2000s except the schlubby white man is quickly replaced.

The villians were a weird brother sister dup, and the brother never got a name so I called him Eric Trump .

When you finally see the monsters tear up... Chicago, George and the wolf bat hardly seem big enough to make the impact that they are on the buildings .

And yet, I sort of enjoyed it . If I had paid 14$, I would feel very bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...