-->

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Rec Center: YouTube


This is not an entirely Ever After High centric blog! Just for now it is...

My Youtube likes can be easily sorted into a few categories;

  • Movies and / or Animation (Trailer reviews and news)
  • Gaming (Mostly Reviews and retrospectives)
  • Information
  • Cooking
  • Other
Well, 'other', anything could be other. I have many, many subscriptions, but there are some channels that I always tune into. Also, some of these channels are a bit multi-oriented, and I'll note those.






My very favorite youtube channel, they are the hosts with the toasts. The channel is only a small outlet of their growing media empire, they're a radio station based in Austin, Texas, from the now defunct Spill.com.

From news to trailer and movie reviews, and whatever they feel like talking about. Some of the humor is a little crass and a bit non-PC, but they know when to reel it in.

Favorites:

Honestly, I have far too many favorites of theirs to count, so check out their playlist of movie reviews.


Old game reviews, old movie reviews, old...food reviews?



He's big on movies, with a mostly daily show, editorials, a special Star Wars segment on Tuesday. I may not agree on everything, but he is one content creator I'm always ready to listen to when something is uploaded.

Reddit recommended him and usually when they rec me something, I....ignore it. Reddit, especially r/movies, is rather homogenous. Seriously, they did a user survey and it's like 95% white male. No wonder they're so limited and insensitive.

But they got it right for once.



"It's Chef John with Foodwishes.com, with...."
A personable and entertaining gentleman keeping the focus on the food and showing us how to make good stuff. After all, we are the masters of avoiding kitchen disasters.


He takes apart expensive phones under no sponsorship. He also drops them and repairs them. The production value is amazing.


Opinions on Disney Parks and business workings.


Optimistic Nihilism in very nice graphics.


This guy reviews a multitude of weird things, like....car washes, elevators, trains, and hotel rooms. The hotel videos are my favorites, and he has a good knowledge of the hospitality industry (I'm sure).


Atop The Fourth Wall

Comic reviewing headed by Linkara! I've been a fan for a few years now, and as someone who still knows next to nothing about comics, even I find the reviews informative, and I appreciate how informed he is about societal issues and calling them out in the stories.  I might not know about the character details, but I do know about what makes them good.

Favorite videos:
The Adventures of Jello Man and Wobbly | The Invincible Four of Kung Fu and Ninja 

There are honestly so many more I could add here, and probably will in due time. I need to follow more people of color, and especially WOC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...