-->

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Hanazuki Full of Treasures

So I saw My Little Pony. The movie.

Actually the goal was to see Ninjago but the crowd was too rowdy, so I snuck into MLP.

I got there a minute before the actual presentation, and it had a cute short in delightfully wild colors and a little girl with a little rabbit thing, dodging a dragon and finding a jewel and saving the day.



It's called Hanazuki, subtitled Full of Treasures, and there is apparently merchandise. Amazon is showing me a giant collection of....charms? And a handful of plushies. They're a bit too simple design wise to be full fledged dolls, but I'd have liked to see something.

There's a webshow that started in, get this, January of 2017, and this is literally the first i'm hearing about it, in front of a pony show.

It's very reminiscent of Star Darlings, except less stereotyped and obnoxious.





I watched the first episode;



Hanazuki the Moonflower is born and given a tiny moon to protect. Scientifically, I don't think it'd be a moon. Whatever.




She gets a popsicle-looking thing from a slightly sleeping baby, but it's stolen by little rabbit thingies, and Hanazuki is trying to get it back. The whites on her also turn red when she's angry.

The voice acting is spirited and lively from Jessica DiCicco. When I looked up the cast, it also mentions that Nika Futterman is in this, and I know that she's Luna in The Loud House. Sure enough, Jessica voices Lucy and Lynn from the same show. Voice acting is a small world.

She's carrying this episode by herself mostly, with a few whoops from the rabbit thingies who she also voices So it's all Jessica....









I never said I wasn't going to swear on this blog, I've just refrained because I know most of the traffic comes from PG-places, but this is fucking fantastic. It's like Lisa Frank vomited everywhere.

The wiki page tell me that Season 2 will premiere in 2018, and that Season 3 and a movie are in development. I look forward to all of that!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...