-->

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Chapter 1: Catching Raven

Episode 12, I'm having this be a separate entry because the next one is The Tale of Legacy Day, and that's quite a big turning point in our story.



Honestly this was a pretty bad one to do a separate page on. It's not bad or good, it's just there.

Dexter wants to ask Raven to a party but is nervous, and Cupid drops hints that she'd go with him, but he's a doofus, and practices asking out other girls instead.

Briar is asleep which, same. I know it was just practice, but was he going to ask her to her own party? Also, as someone who has never gone to a party, do you need a date to go to one?

Maddie thinks he's speaking riddlish with his weak delivery of "Did you fall from heaven, because you're an angel." which, also same.

He gets kissed by a troll? Okay.

While sitting on a balcony, Raven comes up....and asks him to the party as a friend, he accepts, falls off the balcony, and kisses Cupid in thanks.

I can appreciate that Dexter wasn't "Oh woe is me, she only sees me as a friend," and is happy to go with her anyway. I also like that  Cupid doesn't try to sabotage his efforts. There's also not really any forces against him saying "You can't date a rebel!" - I don't remember any in the printed media either.

All in all, the episode simply exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...