-->

Monday, October 2, 2017

Chapter 1: The Tale of Legacy Day



This one is three times as long as the regular webisodes!....which means it clocks in at slightly more than six minutes.

And much rejoicing was had in the streets.



See? She's happy.


Some students are carrying presents...for no discernable reason.



Happy sign your life away day!

For a monumental event like this, everything seems very subdued. It's a bigger deal in the books - but even there, the parents don't show up if I remember right. Raven's Legacy Day outfit is so cool that it's been hidden in the basements of the school for years or something.

This really should have taken place in the middle of Chapter 2, and True Hearts Day should have been around here.

Raven says she can't sign the book, and Maddie tells her about the threat of disappearing into oblivion before going "I think I know who can help!"

Then we cut to a shot of ... a photo of Giles Grimm over a set of lockers.

Who is he?

For some reason, I thought his brother hid him away out of shame or something. Guess no one cared to know who the guy in the picture was.

Blondie is trying to convince Apple that she's royalty. Blondie's inadequacy over her heritage was a cool concept, but I am glad they had her grow past it and realize she has her own legacy and history in a future webisode.

"I'm going to kidnap you and take over your destiny, Apple."
Hmm, I have an idea.

Apple, like me, does not care what Blondie has to say, as she spots Raven and chases after her, to convince her to sign the book.

In an unrelated note, as I watch the episode and type the notes, i'm at Starbucks, and a family with various Mattel dolls has sat near me. 

None of them are EAH dolls. #MattelPower

The Rebel girls go into a kickass library.


THE LOCATIONS ARE GORGEOUS!

knock on a door, and are magically transported into a hidden room where Giles Grimm is just hanging out.


He's been cursed to speak Riddlish. Somehow. Is that why Milton put him down here? That's rude as hell.

 During the conversation, Giles says ("says") that there's something wrong with the book, and if Raven doesn't sign...

What? WHAT?

That her story will continue and she will not poof away.

Probably.

The problem with the book will come into play later.

Next, they just jump to Legacy Day, and there's still three minutes left to go. We get to see the kids all fancied up.




I love that Briar. I also love that Blondie. She never got a cool LD doll. That Dexter is snazzy too. And the Hunter.

Keep an eye on the girl in white in the first image back there. She comes back very soon.  In my list of favorite characters she's a good #4.

Technically, if you consider Apple's signature diary the first entry into any media about this franchise, she gets the first line, talking about a character that will also be introduced in, like, season 3. 

She's also the supposed best friend of my true favorite character, who I just can't wait to talk about.

Apple goes onto the stage and sees the wonderful life she gets

You too can become a fairytale princess popstar, kids. 


She gets a Royal Destiny doll in the end. It doesn't quite look like this, but it definitely isn't bad.

Apple signs the book, because who doesn't want to be a princess popstar? I do.

Raven follows her, unsure, on the receiving end of glares from the Royals.
Raven's destiny shows her poisoning Apple, then in poverty and eventually; imprisoned.
       Like who the hell wants that? Not only would Raven take a destiny she did not want, she wouldn't even do a good enough job to avoid capture. Then again, her mother was also captured....maybe they just suck.

Raven takes the feather pen and...slams the book closed! Says "I am Raven Queen, and my happily ever after starts - now!"

The mirrors surrounding her break dramatically, probably showering some of the audience in glass. The Rebels cheer, the Royals boo. Come to think, who arranged this seating? Why aren't they sitting with the other people in their storybooks?

"I didn't disappear - you said I would disappear!" She turns to Grimm, who is glaring at her.

Apple of all people asks how she could be so selfish. Word for word, that's what she says! She was standing right behind her! She saw Raven's destiny play on those mirrors!

"I am feel uncomfortable when we are not about me?"

Because this is a children's show and she can't tell Apple to stick her destiny where the sun don't shine, Raven simply says that she's sorry - before losing her temper with the rowdy crowd and hitting them with a silence spell.

Interestingly, Cedar's Spring Unsprung outfit looks so much better than this blurry shot.

Raven points out that everyone can choose their destiny - "Even you!"

"I don't want to choose a new destiny. I liked the one I had."  Yeah I think we got that. Blond, blue eyed princess likes the status quo, shocker. 

Raven says that it still might happen, but Apple is unsure, and walks off, crying. She unfreezes Maddie, and they laugh and cheer on the stage.

Later, Milton Grimm is in his office, saying that Raven doesn't know what she started, how "it must be contained" - and we end with a shot of a mirror cackling evilly.

Who is this? You won't know....until Dragon Games.

It's not a poor culmination of events. In the timeline of all media, this is the end of the first book, The Storybook of Legends. However, it is not the end of Chapter 1. There's two more episodes before Chapter 2.

I genuinely don't remember how the destiny thing ends in clear focus. I know which special ends it but not how everyone just stopped giving a damn. I don't even remember the 'forces' Grimm talks about. But that's why I'm doing these write ups, isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...