-->

Friday, March 8, 2019

Book Look: Queen's Shadow By E.K Johnson

PADMÉ HAS A BOOK I REPEAT SHE HAS A BOOK FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 1999.

Okay, I'm done.


Alright, so I did try EK Johnson's Ahsoka novel, and .... I didn't finish it. It was pretty predictable, the new characters were not compelling enough for me to wonder "Oh wow, what will the fallout be?"

I much preferred Claudia Grey's Leia: Princess of Alderaan and Bloodline for a more direct and less 'introspective for 5 pages' style.

Where does Queen's Shadow fall?





In an interesting parallel.

The books is about Padmé establishing her identity separate from the Queen Amidala persona as both a senator and a young woman.
  • I like how, just like Princess of Alderaan, they do establish a relationship with a male character before their husbands in film canon. Rush Clovis actually survives to be seen in The Clone Wars show. I wonder what happened to him after she died.
  • The indifferent, kind of cold introduction of Bail Organa to Padmé is also interesting. We know at the end of "Return of The Sith" that they will be close enough for Padmé to give him and his wife Leia as she lay dying.
  • I absolutely see how people think Padmé is fairly dull, but I do greatly enjoy characters that openly show appreciation for the loyal people who support them, a need to both serve, help, and have time away from putting on a persona.
Leia - both young and old - has the better books, but it's fun to see how the apple does not fall far from the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...