-->

Friday, March 15, 2019

#11: Fighting With My Family

Someone please reinvent the biopic, I am begging you.

Dream  big break  panic  change  familial breaking  darkest hour  find strength  success.

That's all there is to this. The shine comes from the earnest performances and the difference in it being "Young woman wants to wrestle" and not be a pop star or whatever.

Though there were moments ("I wanted to do some REAL wrestling") that sounded oddly out of place. Saraya surely did not get that far thinking wrestling was 100% real.

I appreciate giving everyone even the tiniest hint of depth. Not enough to take away from the focus, but enough so that no one is really a stereotype.




I also dig how wrestling is the Knight family business, the subtle implications of pressure from Saraya's family, from encouraging her to wrestle to outright naming her after a performer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...