-->

Monday, July 9, 2018

#58: The School of Rock


Quintessential 2003.

When I said we'd be seeing more Jack Black, this is actually not what I had in mind. I was talking about Kung Fu Panda. But I've never seen this movie before!

It's really charming, the interactions with the children, the whole story is basically giving children the ability to feel self-empowered and confident while Ned (Black) takes on responsibility.

They're good actors too, surprisingly.

I don't think we see any of them do another high-profile movie or show except Miranda Cosgrove ("iCarly").

Really not a whole bunch to say against this movie except the 'low point' climax is stupid and forced.

There's really no reason for this to be nearly two hours long either with such a typical (but enjoyable!) story. I can appreciate the attempt at fleshing out the stuffy principal.

Entertaining music. Super impressive production design. It's nothing extremely out of the ordinary or from a different time period but it is distinct enough to be charming and personable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...