-->

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

#11: Abacus: Small Enough to Jail


A small Chinatown bank is the only institution to be charged for the 2008 financial crisis.

I'm impressed they got people from both sides of the issue to speak about it, and you see the great culture clash from how Chinese people in this community work with and feel about money and loans.





One of the Best Documentary nominees of the 2018 Oscar Race, it's available on PBS for free. I hate to say too much about it because A) Reviewing documentaries is not something I feel requires the same hand as a wholly narrative tale instead of an informational one, and B) It's interesting enough to the point where I don't want to say too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...