-->

Friday, February 23, 2018

Give it Credit - Modern Credit Scenes in Movies I Like


Having seen Black Panther twice, I adore the bright, sleek, colorful yet minimal design of its ending credit scene.

Read about a lot of behind the scenes creation of both the technology used and the end credit scene, and check out many clear screenshots here.




This isn't about stinger scenes, but how movies present their credits, either opening or closing.





SPIDERMAN: HOMECOMING


`The youthful, scribbly charm matches the IMAX poster.




KONG; SKULL ISLAND



The Monsterverse is a franchise that keeps trucking - it does a fair job, then goes away for two years.  They all have one thing in common - I get excited for them and the product I get is....serviceable. Definitely not bad, but not something I'd pay to see again.

All of that to say the aesthetic - and the opening credits - are phenomenal in this movie, if nothing else. It's very old, sepia, wind up cameras, build a ship from a biplane engine kind of a feeling. The entire production value of this movie is its best asset. 

CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS: THE FIRST EPIC MOVIE



Yeah - not the greatest recording, but the only other one I knew of was taken down.

It's all drawn in the style of the books, and colored childishly to boot, and minimally animated over the theme song, sung by Weird Al Yankovic.

COCO

Truthfully I don't find these remarkable but this was a pretty short piece so I have to pad it out.


The return of the paper cutouts from the opening narration is very nice though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...