-->

Monday, February 12, 2018

#13: Loving Vincent



A paint not by numbers role playing game.

A character walks around a town and talks to people, trying to find out about the circumstances of Van Gogh's death.




Sadly, it's not more interesting than that.

Extremely impressive visually, though some instances go from very clearly something, to so stylized I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

I don't understand why they aimed to make this like a mystery. It's not a secret how Van Gogh died, I didn't think there was ... a mystery surrounding it, but I skipped the opportunity to take Art History.

It's definitely beautiful, and there's something charmingly surreal about using his paintings as characters in the story while also making them look like the voice actors. But besides that there's not anything here. It got nominated at the Oscars because of the amount of talent visually.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...