-->

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Book Look: Master and Apprentice by Claudia Gray


The cover art looks familiar...Alice Zhang?

The other Star Wars novel that came out in April of 2019.

Claudia Gray is the best Star Wars author in the present day, and I wish she had written the Padme novel "Queen's Shadow", even though E.K Johnson did a fair job. I'm reading it again, and I still feel that we don't know as much about Padme as we knew about Leia in "Princess of Alderaan" or "Bloodline".

I just LOVE Claudia Gray SO MUCH, but I'm so grateful we got anything to do with Padme at all. You know she's my favorite Star Wars character. I love characters like that, elected nobility who does their best by people and are constantly targets of assassination.




I was never particularly fond of Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan, but they're okay, and Gray's writing definitely makes me more interested in them.

There are moments of looking at prophecies, including one that might be a hint of what's to come in "The Rise of Skywalker", as the novel was probably well written before this year's Celebration, despite being released on April 16th in the states.

I'm much more fond of the new characters, Pax and Rahara. I hope we can see them again. Somehow. A guy raised by protocol droids for 15 years and a woman who escaped slavery stealing jewels all across the galaxy - they're adorable, really.

I find it odd that this is the first time in my memory to hear of the Czerka Corporation. Pijal, sure, galaxy is a big place, but not a company that predates the Republic. And seeing Chancellor Kaj was cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...