-->

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Film in 2017: YASS, QUEEN!

#25; Chicago & #36; The Handmaiden 




These were my two favorites of last year. Point blank.





 Women fighting men to be together or women fighting each other and then coming together in the end.

And lovely music! Gosh, Just listen to Handmaiden's score; My particular favorite is "The Wedding." Of course, Chicago is chocked full of cool music, the killer being "Cell Block Tango".

Let's also give it up to the production designers. I'm not familiar with Japan-Occupied Korea in the 1930's, but wow I really felt like I was there. Just like Depression-Era Chicago.

I can't speak highly enough of these movies, only encourage you to watch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...