#25; Chicago & #36; The Handmaiden
These were my two favorites of last year. Point blank.
Women fighting men to be together or women fighting each other and then coming together in the end.
And lovely music! Gosh, Just listen to Handmaiden's score; My particular favorite is "The Wedding." Of course, Chicago is chocked full of cool music, the killer being "Cell Block Tango".
Let's also give it up to the production designers. I'm not familiar with Japan-Occupied Korea in the 1930's, but wow I really felt like I was there. Just like Depression-Era Chicago.
I can't speak highly enough of these movies, only encourage you to watch them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SDC Around the Web
Wicked
Let's start with "Universal paid 350$m for all the promotion and collaborations they did for this movie, helped in part by the fa...
-
Most of the time, I'll compare if the character has a counterpart, though there are some instances where they simply don't and we h...
-
Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. Featuring fourteen entries of fourteen Queens of Mewni, with plenty of beautiful i...
-
In my Film in 2017 roundup, I list my top ten. Which is all well and good, months later, my opinion is nearly the same. I couldn't he...


No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.