-->

Friday, August 10, 2018

Film in 2017: Disney Darling and Disaster

# 64 Pinocchio & #74: The Princess and The Frog 






Which one of these movies do I love a whole bunch, and which do I feel did horribly by the demographic it was intended to represent?

I think Pinocchio is one of Disney's better movies. There's a humongous, cosy charm to it, even as you watch a wooden boy almost be killed and enslaved and fall under the influence of drugs.  It's something you watch during an undetermined winter holiday.

On the flipside, why should I applaud Disney for making the first black princess a fucking frog for most of her movie? I'm not gonna do that.

She looks pretty nice in some of the Wreck It Ralph 2 promotional material.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...