-->

Saturday, November 4, 2017

The Lion King (2019) Finalized Cast

A post shared by Disney (@disney) on

So...alright!



There's trepidations for Beyonce as Nala, but I think it can go well, especially if they put in some of the Broadway - only songs in (/cough "Shadowland"), and I don't believe her way of dialogue is going to be that bad.

Disney knew, in their heart of hearts, that no one would give this movie the time of day if James Earl Jones did not return as Mufasa. I know I wouldn't have.

Chiwetel Ejiofor is definitely a cool choice for Scar, though I was hoping they would bring David Oyelowo, who plays the character in the Disney Junior show, The Lion Guard. He can belt out a mean evil tune.

I hope casting Alfre Woodard as Sarabi means she gets a greater presence. I always liked the character.

Everyone else? Besides Glover (who I really wish they didn't pick. He's not my Lando either), I don't have a real problem with anyone, though I am of two minds with John Oliver - yeah, he's an entertainer but picking a glorified news host to be in your movie is kind of funny.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...