-->

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Chapter 4: Moonlight Mystery / Wish List

This "season" only has nine episodes. The new characters get two token traits at most and are tossed aside.


Tired of having to tap her toes on the sideline of her favorite class, Justine Dancer and her friends 'til THE END set out to solve the mystery of her disappearing dancing shoes!


This is Justine Dancer, Daughter of the Twelfth Princess, and shock of shocks, I think this is the only time we even see this girl in the visual media. She has a prominent role in Fairy's Got Talent, though She doesn't know what her destiny is to be, says the narrators. Wouldn't it be...to be part of the new set of The Twelve Dancing Princesses? 

& yes, the return of introductory title cards. The only people who didn't get them were Holly, Poppy, Blondie, Alistair, Bunny, and Faybelle. Consistency? What the hell is that?


She tells Melody about a dream she had, where she owned her own dancing studio - before Baba Yaga tells them to get their shoes on for dancing.


I will give the artists credit - as the dolls got cheaper, the dresses got less elaborate. 
Way to keep expectations in check.


But Justine's shoes are very destroyed (See vid still)! I know it takes quite a lot of time, pain, and effort to break in ballet shoes, but I kind of expected her to have more than one pair.

Of course, Ashlynn just up and replaces them with some from The Glass Slipper, and Humphrey sets up some security system.


I'm struck by the posters on her wall. I like to imagine that's Beyoncfey and the duo is Trollgan and Siren or something.



Then Justine's roommate enters - Ramona Badwolf. Yes, Cerise's sister.


She gets an introductory card too. Just...not in this episode.

The book canon is that she came from a correctional school deep in the Dark Forest.

I don't like her voice but her outfit is probably my second favorite.



People don't use the primary colors together enough. Sometimes it can look quite juvenile, but this prevents that by skewing more toward maroon or burgundy than outright preschool red. 


This is a killer room and I LOVE IT.

Anyway, she says that technology can't be relied upon and that they're wasting time.

Soon enough, when everyone is asleep, the thief unplugs the machine, and steals the shoes. Ramona hears them and goes after them.

My favorite thing is how that doesn't look like Justine's shoe in the silhouette. C'mon you know she did this.


When Blondie and Ashlynn wake, they confront her, thinking she did it. Maybe that she gnawed the shoes out of sight or something, but no - Justine is sleep dancing.



It's an Enchantment that her older sisters went through. So I guess she's the twelfth of twelve. Like the seventh son of a seventh son. This Enchantment solidifies her title as the TDP. I guess her heritage didn't? Anyway, I'm pretty sure we never see Justine again.

I like the idea that Ramona is very protective over Justine.

Wish List


Can Farrah Goodfairy's friends band together to help make her Happily Ever After wish come true before the clock strikes noon?


My Headcanon is that she and Faybelle are distantly related. 

Farrah Goodfairy is the daughter of The Fairy Godmother. The antithesis of Faybelle, she grants wishes, is kind to everyone, and asks for no kind of glory, finding satisfaction in a job well done serving others. Just like Ashlynn's mentioned-once curse, her wishes only last until noon.

She's best friends with Ashlynn, as she's her Fairy Godmother, and it's hinted that she's Cedar's Blue Fairy as well.

Her webisode version is actually adorable. I don't hate it at all, but I am a sucker for star motifs.

Her doll? Looks like she had a serious allergic reaction to something. She looks far pinker and her face is oddly bloated with the 'smiling' eyes. 

Why could EAH never get the pinkness down for girls' dolls like her and Bunny? It just makes them look ill.

As soon as Farrah enters the student lounge (and it sounds like she's voiced by Cupid's VA), people began to harass her for wishes. 

Daring wishes to look princely again because;

I have been laughing at this for eleven hours.

Why doesn't he just go wash up? World may never know.

Cedar says that her volcano won't work. Why do fairytale students need to make volcanos? I know one of the courses is Geografairy but come ON.

Farrah makes it work -


She keeps continuing to fix people who are normally quite competent at their crafts' products, until Ashlynn steps in and tells everyone to give her a break and asks her what's wrong.

"I'll never be able to wear a gown, or go to a ball - I just wish I could make my own wishes come true sometimes."


I may not like Farrah all that much but I do really like her design in the webisodes. Here's her doll for comparison;


It evokes more Tooth Fairy vibes than Fairy Godmother.


And the rest of the students are sad. "I wish I could make Farrah's wishes come true!" says Maddie, which  gives Ashlynn an idea -

The student body then bothers Farrah to enchant their objects for her secret surprise party.


Not the only Fairygirl who gets a dress.




So far, Season 4 episodes have been kind of foolishly predictable and one note. Boy do I miss the storylines of Season 3 already.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...