-->

Friday, May 15, 2020

Things About Animal (Crossing)

I've played this series since the first entry on the Gamecube - Though, savvy gamers will know that Japan had it first on the Nintendo 64 called "Animal Forest".

Nearly 20 years later, it's still going relatively strong. I've tried the mainline games, and never bothered with Pocket Camp or Happy Home Designer or that silly Mario Party-esque one.

Now, thanks to a very kind benefactor, I have Animal Crossing: New Horizons for the Switch, and have had it for a month.

There's nothing to review - You do what you want. But there are things to like and dislike.

I like the lighting and views at different times of day.






 These two are more or less the same time of day (Around 5 AM), but I think I had a filter on the in-game camera on the first one. I love the eerie green.


I think it's only rained twice so far, though I am getting a lot of high winds as weather.





Quite a lot of the villager dialog repeats, but sometimes it's okay.



 This game would help greatly for someone suffering from depression and chronic loneliness like myself.


She is probably my second favorite villager. I dislike the 'normal' type but she does the cutest things.



I enjoy little moments like these, where you can physically just look in the direction of a subject.


You can also catch animals singing, running, and working out. Some even do yoga!

I am far more interested in the clothing this go-around. In game one, you only had a hat and a dress, and you had to match, Boring. But look at this! I can wear natural hair!


Dress for the job you want!



A do-rag? In my Animal Crossing game? It's more likely than you think.

That's Dr. Harleen to you.

I also had many other outfits, including a candy skull beneath a gothic lolita wig with bright tights, those pointy shoes, and bright shorts.

This post was a little outdated; In that time, some of the above villagers (mainly Maelle) have moved. Pity, as I really liked her.

I have 3 Normals (Skye, Meringue, Coco), 1 Cranky (Murphy), 2 Smug (Olaf, whom I love, and Keaton, whom I don't), 1 Jock (Moose), 1 ... I have no idea (Tutu), 1 Older Sister type (Cherry) and one Lazy (Chester).

I want to kick out Keaton, Chester, and probably Coco to replace them with...

Opal the snooty elephant. She's not the prettiest designed elephant in the game, but I think she's adorable. I love the greens. I love the snooty characters.





Iggly the Jock Penguin. I just love this dude's expression. It cracks me up all the time. 



And my all time favorite villager....

Static the cranky squirrel. He was my favorite as a little girl because he was the only cranky villager I had. Everyone else could randomly leave but he never left bc I talked to him all the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...