-->

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Book Look: Rivals! Frenemies Who Changed the World Written By: Scott McCormick

Here

While this is in the middle grade section of Audible Stories, there are a few serious topics briefly touched upon.

Narration is listed as "Narrated by: Prentice Onayemi, Samantha Turret, Khristine Hvam, Gabriel Vaughan, Josh Hurley"

I'm not sure who does the main narration, but he does a great job. The delivery is wry and straightforward, something I've always enjoyed in my media (See, "Frasier"), with the addition of a childish slant that makes me laugh ("Your face looks like a booger!").

It even taught me things I didn't know, such as RUN DMC had a song called "My Adidas", and that Adidas and Puma were created within the same family as rival sports brands.

While listed as a 'series', there are only 2 chapters, with 4 stories spread between them. I just learned this morning that there is, indeed, a Rivals 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...