-->

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

#8: Onward

Truth be told, I wasn't horrendously interested in this movie to begin with, but it's on digital extremely early, so here we are.

The main score motif is something I like. Actually, a lot of the music is really good and used effectively.  Some of the aspects of magic are clever, such as the imitation spells.

It feels both too contemporary and somehow very 90s.

I think Tom Holland's voice is the only one that truly seems different than his normal voice. Perhaps I'm too used to Pratt as Emmett in The Lego Movie.

Props to Tom Holland for sounding somewhat different than "Spies in Disguise".

This entire time, I just kept thinking of Disney movies I liked more than the one I was watching. Characters stuck in water in a cave? That's Tangled. Fire in a cave? That's Frozen II (Though I probably like this more than Frozen II).

I don't think Pixar can do medieval magical movies very well between this and Brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...