-->

Thursday, March 12, 2020

#7: Bloodshot

"Bold of you to assume I'm watching this for Vin Diesel.

- Me when people assume I'm watching this movie for Vin Diesel.

"Oh, I didn't know you were a comic book fan! Valiant Comics, the 90s!"

Spoiler Alert: I don't know about the source material either. Cyborg Deadpool? Nice tagline though - "You don't need a past to have a future."

It's really difficult to find any kind of suspense in this because the first trailer already told you everything. Frankly, there isn't even a real point in you watching this unless you are totally a sucker for this genre.

This is the very rare comic book movies that hints at something different and actually does more than briefly touch upon the concept.




 Being reborn and controlled, and a bit of a war between two different factions? That's really interesting, and props to them for going ... relatively far with the concept. Though at points it feels like a not as smart (as it thought it was) "Knives Out".

There are some beautiful shots during the fight scenes, but they are a little short and few and far between for the first hour. But I have to give it genuine props for more talking.

 Also like how when the penny drops, Ray is like "You had me watch my wife die over and over and over again." and not "You had me kill innocent people." BUT I guess if you join military forces in America for some misguided notion of glory and not survival, that's not really an issue for you.

Lamorne Morris was awesome. I'm glad there's a chance he can return for a sequel. UNLIKE MY BOY.

 Wow!! Talent!!

And I wrote this before nearly every movie release after March 13th was essentially cancelled, so this will have an unusual run that just might net it enough for a sequel - if moviegoers are bored enough to see it 3 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...