-->

Saturday, May 18, 2019

#15: Justice League (2017)

I didn't see this in theaters. I haven't seen any DCEU movie in theaters in a long time. Not since "Suicide Squad".

Wait, I snuck into "Wonder Woman" because "The Mummy" was trash.

This came on Showtime and I thought "Well, why the hell not."

This was fine. 

Steppenwolf looked like a joke. I wish the movie was more about dealing with a....from the afterlife Clark instead of this video game villain. 

One thing the DCEU is really good at is having impacts and punches hit in time with the music. Especially with Wonder Woman. I love that.


Anyone who had a complaint about this iteration of Batman 'not acting like Batman' probably didn't stick around long enough to watch "Justice League". I don't think Batman would have talked with anyone before trying to resurrect Clark using the technology from the ship from "Man of Steel".

Also, what happened to Zod's body...oh wait, Luthor used that to make Doomsday in "Dawn of Justice".

See, I know this shit. 

A little.

 I don't know what's gaps in my knowledge or what was essentially cobbled together and remnants of the film before the tragedy that struck Snyder's family.

Sometimes Barry worked, sometimes he didn't. More hits than misses. I liked the visuals that came to him running, and Cyborg generally existing.

 We probably will not see a standalone Flash or Cyborg film and that makes me a little sad. 

Or probably another Superman movie with Cavill, and I think this is the best Superman he's been in any of these movies.

I'd watch this again before I watch...probably any other DCEU movie that's not "Aquaman".

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...