-->

Sunday, May 19, 2019

13+ Characters I Want as Funko Pops

This is like a bad Buzzfeed list but bear with me.




1. Queen Elinor (Brave)

Brave itself was a pretty mediocre movie. Let's be honest with ourselves. Humongous let down. Female characters fighting after the female director was shoved off her own product. Far as I know, the product would have been similar, but how dirty to do Brenda Chapman like that.

But Queen Elinor was awesome. I loved her more than Merida even if Merida's ideology was more palatable to a modern audience.





2. Princess Vanellope (Wreck It Ralph)



She has two variants of her original self (One from 2012 and the other from 2018), but we never got this. I expected it as some kind of con exclusive but no. Maybe with SDCC 2019 or D23 this year. 

3. Dawn Bellwether (Zootopia)


She was my favorite character even before watching the movie. But we all know that unless your movie is 20 years old, your villains don't get Funko Pops. Unless it's a twist villain.

4. Alebrijes Dante (Coco)


Because Dante is the best. And it better glow in the dark.



5. Eclipsa Butterfly (Star vs. The Forces of Evil)


A character who was once shrouded in mystery and 'Oh, maybe she's evil. She might be evil...' But, oh she's not evil, a bit selfish, but she's on the side of good. There's so much mystery and lore around her that ultimately gets debunked in the show (Her darkest spell? Actually belonged to her warmongering mother. Wow, shocker).

5.b Teen Meteora (Hekapoo's Dimension), (Star vs. The Forces of Evil)


Because why not.

This was going to be just Disney characters, but I changed my mind!

6. Peni Parker & SP//dr (Spider-man: Into The Spiderverse)


The best movie to ever come out of Sony Pictures Animation, I'd love a 10" SP//dr. It's one blight is in Kawaii-ifying Peni, as in her own comic run she's a bit older and far less the embodiment of every awkward stereotype you see from white kids on twitter.



7. Catra (She-Ra and The Princesses of Power)

I could pick anyone from the new show, but Catra might be the one I like most to be Popified. She might end up rather top-heavy and the stands don't work as well as Funko thinks.

Scorpia may be a better option.

8. Every single character from Rocknrolla (2008)

I don't think I have a single character outside of Suicide Squad Harley Quinn that could be considered a plainclothes character. Spending 10$ on something wearing a shirt and tie makes no sense to me.

However, if Funko were to drag this movie back into relevancy, I probably would get every single Pop I could. Vynls would actually work a lot better. Funko make a limited run of Vynls of Johnny and Archy please I beg of you.

9. Characters from Artemis Fowl.

Specifically, Holly Short and Opal Koboi. Though I expect them to mess up on Holly no matter what.

10. Peasant Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)


I love Sleeping Beauty. The entire story, I have no idea why. I just do. And while we have Pink and Blue Dress Aurora, we need this to complete the set.

11. Uma (Disney Descendants 2)


You may not know this; But there are actually Disney Descendants' Funko Pops. Just the Rotten Four of Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Jay. I have the Evie because Evie is the best character.

Funko molds braids surprisingly well. I'd love to see this, but again, probably more top-heavy-ness.

12. Splatoon Characters

This is kind of a moot point because there are amiibo, and they actually have uses. And a Funko figurine would probably negate a lot of the detail on them. But apparently they don't make the amiibos anymore - Pearl and Marina are around 45$-50$ in the two pack, and around 23$ individually.

Eh. It's a want.

13. Surprised Pikachu (Pokemon)


Because why the hell not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...