-->

Sunday, December 23, 2018

2018: The Year in Funko (For Me)

Funko did some good stuff this year. Some annoying stuff, like the very limited initial runs of Target's Pikachu, but mostly good stuff.

The Return of The Queen(s)




A post shared by Mori (@madmorifuryroad) on




A post shared by Mori (@madmorifuryroad) on
Two of my favorite Disney girls, Vanellope and Padmé, got new POPs and new molds. There's not so much of a difference with Padmé, I think, but Vanellope is really nothing but highly improved.




Chase First, Chase Later

This isn't the first year I've found chases in the wild - I came across Pilot Episode Tommy Pickles and some kind of Five Nights at Freddy's chase - I don't play the game - but this was the first year I bought two;




A post shared by Mori (@madmorifuryroad) on


I think Aurora is underrated in the Disneyverse, even if she's not my favorite official Princess, I still have a soft spot for her.

Blue Aurora I bought from eBay, relatively cheap, and Sparkly Yesss from Hot Topic. Both blue, both Disney. Both adorable. Pink Aurora was actually a gift from an online friend! 


Codename: About Damn Time

Years after it was announced,  almost to the day, Funko finally decided to give us POPs from Star Vs. The Forces of Evil;



Not any of the Butterfly family outside of Star, but I suppose that was to be expected. Frankly, my favorite one from this line is the Butterfly Mode Star. I don't see this line doing gangbusters enough to get us a second wave with Moon, Eclipsa, or any other royalty members.


Also announced, but not released yet - Avatar: The Last Airbender


I'm happy that they're finally here, but I wish I was more impressed. The only one I really love is Avatar State Aang, and that's going to be hell to find.




I need to see some in-hand photos.



Mad Molds and Gimmick Gold



A post shared by Mori (@madmorifuryroad) on
This is adorable and I love it.




This is killer! The Amazon exclusive Okoye with Wig from Black Panther - who expected this funny moment to be POP-mortalized.

Very Pink

(Photograph; Black Lady, Sugar Plum Fairy, Sombra)
View this post on Instagram

#overwatch #funkopop

A post shared by Mori (@madmorifuryroad) on




Glow Hard

I got my second GITD POP - Teen Titans Go! The Night Begins to Shine Cyborg.



A post shared by Mori (@madmorifuryroad) on
Only his axe-tar glows. The last POP I bought from Toys R Us. Should have gotten an Elena of Avalor one to have all of my favorite unofficial Disney Princesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...