-->

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Trailer Thursday: If Beale Street Could Talk / Ralph Wrecks The Internet



The follow up to Barry Jenkins' iconic Moonlight is finally, almost upon us with If Beale Street Could Talk.

The second of four movies being distributed by Annapurna this award season - The other two, Vice and Destroyer, come out in December - it's the one with the most power behind in it's story so far. Just the trailer alone was enough to make me cry, and really root for these people.

The synopsis push a lot of emphasis on "The American Dream", which has never been anything helpful to black people, so we shall see.


The original is one of my favorite movies in the Disney canon, giving me my favorite Animated Canon Disney girl in Vanellope.  When they announced a sequel, I could hardly believe it - Finally, some decent merchandise.

I know people are concerned re: the amount of pop culture references, but trust Disney. You can't trust them to not make a black woman into a frog, but maybe we can rely on them to keep the time-sensitive jokes to a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...