-->

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

My Hero Academia



I'm not a big anime fan, more from the format and story layout. Many of them are very, very long with only a vague description that doesn't quite entice me to keep watching.

The Last Airbender? Not an anime, but there was a clear goal to get to. I like that.

Cowboy Bebop? Great anime. They putz around in space. Didn't finish it. I did watch the movie.

Something with a very rhythmic title? "Yours is the drill that will pierce the heavens!"? It was pretty cool. Watched it all and it was concise enough to keep me interested. But it clearly left no impact.

Gatchaman CrowdsTiger and Bunny? Even Evangelion? Didn't last too long with me.

Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt? Absolute adore it. I've even got merch. I want a sequel.

Kill La Kill? I love Satsuki. Point blank. I enjoyed the hell out of this.

Hm.





Bu when Adult Swim decided to play the English-Dubbed My Hero Academia, I wanted to try it.

I like the idea, and the humor is pretty good.
Some of the English voice acting is a little iffy, mainly Izuku, which is very awkward because he is the main character, but I do like his optimism (and supposedly Spike-dark-green hair).

The variety of powers is really interesting. In the first episode alone we see a giant woman, a man made of wood, and a general strong man, and the latter is who is seen as the shining star.

The second episode is basically both character, All Might and Izuku, talking to themselves about the ideal of a hero, how the boy will risk his life with no powers and All Might, who gets very sick if he exerts himself, won't.

Izuku's relentless optimism shows that you have to be the first to show that you want something and show how far you can go before people will help you. Which is kind of weird but I loved Episode 3 a lot.

Even this eventually falls into the "How does it talk this long to get to the point," but it is funny enough to keep my entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...