-->

Monday, December 4, 2017

Top 5: Most Anticipated Movies of 2018



In no particular order


BLACK PANTHER 

16 FEB 2018

Black superheroes with the Marvel brand behind them? (I don't think BLADE had the Marvel name on him) Yes, please! In such tumultuous times as these, it's needed more than ever to show awesome portrayals of people of color, in this case, black people, on the big screen. And it being part of the MCU means everyone is going to see it.





THE INCREDIBLES 2

15 JUNE 2018 

I posted the teaser a few entries back; Fourteen years later, we finally reunite with the Parr family...several seconds after the first film ended. But this one is going to be about Helen! Helen is the best!

CRAZY RICH ASIANS

17 AUGUST 2018

Kind of in the same vein of Black Panther - but their superpower is money. Based upon the novel by Kevin Kwan, the first book in the trilogy sports an all Asian cast! How often does that happen in a Western film? And it's made by Warner Brothers! Not as if that means something or anything - besides the fact that one of the BIG SIX film studios bought this film with the intention to make it properly.


WRECK IT RALPH 2 - RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET

21 NOVEMBER 2018

That title is long and ungainly. But it returns my favorite Disney character and brings in many other characters that the Mouse House owns.

HONORARY MENTION
Yes I know there are only four movies listed above, but I'm lukewarm about putting this on my list. Not that it's bad or I have lack of hopes for it, but I feel there may be other things to be more excited about.....that I don't remember.

So, for now;


THE NUTCRACKER AND THE FOUR REALMS 

2 NOVEMBER 2018 

I love the story of The Nutcracker. & It involves Morgan Freeman, Misty Copland, Helen Mirren and Makenzie Foy (The little girl from Interstellar).  What is NOT to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...