-->

Monday, June 11, 2018

#48: The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2

Grey and grey morality and color grading.

Now I read these books and was very excited for said movie until they fucked up the casting.

Seriously, I know Americans are dumb as donkey shit when it comes to context clues but Katniss Everdeen isn't 100% white and yet here we are.

I don't think Jennifer Lawrence does a bad job but this casting will never be right to me. At least they didn't bronze her for the rest of the movies like in that initial image from the first movie.

Take your wins where you can get them.

The books were enjoyable - yes, even Mockingjay, which was apparently .... not liked.

 It's been years since I've read them...or saw Mockingjay Part 1, so I only vaguely remember where this should be. I wasn't chomping at the bit to watch these, though I think Catching Fire is the best film.

I did not know Gwendoline Christie was in this movie, but I did know about Mahershala Ali and Julianne Moore.





And the latter is just as bored as I was watching this. A bunch of people in grey surroundings walk around and have conversations, and it's so quiet and talktative that my attention began to wander multiple times, and about an hour had passed in the middle before I realized that I was supposed to be watching a movie.

Part of the fault lies with me hardly remembering the relevant information, and to a point, a story should stand on it's own legs without help, but as this is the fourth movie in a franchise...

The sheer amount of the crowds and the few action pieces we get are commendable enough to coordinate that many people in essentially a disaster movie, but it's just wholly uninteresting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...