-->

Sunday, May 6, 2018

#39: Kedi

#CatsofIstanbul

I mightily enjoyed how this was not "Follow ONE street cat throughout the city and see how they touch EVERYONE'S lives!", but instead focused, however briefly, on various cats.

There are maybe two shots of cats with owners, the rest are more or less their own free citizens.

As well as upon various humans and what cats mean to them. One man talked about how caring for them brought him back from a mental breakdown, and one woman feeds quite a lot of them daily, with pounds of chicken a day.

Easily the most enjoyable documentary of the year thus far. There's a hint of concern at the growing urbanization of places, which would be interesting to discover, but it's nice to see how a place doesn't treat stray animals as a bother.

I know this is idealized, but I envy the basic view of the lives of the people we see here. "I work here and I feed the cats that come by. I like dealing with them and considering the spirituality I feel is inherent in them."

There is beauty with interesting with nature and how, at its core, everything we need is already there. As I live in capitalist hellhole America, it's the antithesis of what we're bombarded with day in and day out. This really reaffirms that I would love to bypass the rat race and live a simple existence in a seaside capitol city somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...