-->

Saturday, December 9, 2017

MORE Most Anticipated Movies of 2018 and Two Kind of Apprehensive Ones


Previous; Here.
(Ironically, four days after I posted that, we got our first inkling of The Nutcracker ... and it looks quite nice!)

Once again, in no particular order;



A WRINKLE IN TIME
MARCH 9TH, 2018

Now I have never read the titular novel, but making the lead half-black to be palatable to white america and putting so many people of color in these fantasy roles, also this is the biggest budget movie a Black Woman filmmaker (Ava Duvernay) has ever had to work with, so I want this to succeed, and when it does, it's going to be glorious.






READY PLAYER ONE
MARCH 30TH 2018

I'm actually quite hesitant about this. I was excited about the idea - I read the novel years ago and loved it, but trying again, it's a tryhard internet loser incel nightmare of a character, so I do hope that Spielberg fixes that a bit.

Interestingly, it seems that many of the character plotlines that aren't dumpster fires are being kept intact, if the cast list has anything to say about it.



PACIFIC RIM UPRISING
MARCH 23 2018

A Pacific Rim sequel had been hinted at for a long time. It was never a favorite movie of mine, though it was nice and bright for a robot movie. I wouldn't have given a sequel the time of day if John Boyega himself hadn't rescued it from the Development Hell heap and produced it himself.

The first trailer looks very Transformers-ish to me and it's not being directed by Del Toro, but I'm willing to try it now.

We're getting into the "there's no promo yet" realm for some of these.

Widows - All star cast, original film nope actually it's based on a TV show? - not entirely white, Steve McQueen (the director). Ironically, there is another movie that would star Colin Farrell coming out on this day if the studio wasn't a flop.

Fighting With My Family - I'm not even a WWE fan, it just sounds funny.

The Hurricane Heist - The promo and release of this movie continue to baffle me. It was cast (and I LOVE some of this cast) As I write this, it's December 9th. This movie wasn't dated on the calendar until about October and that was for February 9th.

Three days ago, it was pushed back to March 9th. It's being distributed by the same people who made 47 Meters Down, which was cheap and did fairly well. 

We still don't have a trailer, a poster, or anything. Entertainment Studios also has a hold on a release date in the middle of June, and at this rate I really think it's getting pushed back a second time.


These lists are getting harder to make simply because many studios aren't putting out promo until three months or so before, and you can't be sure about shifting title dates or delays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...