-->

Monday, November 27, 2023

Book: Father of The Future by Darren Dash

 

 There are 9 Archibald Lox novels, 4 Larten Crepsley novels, 12 Darren Shan and Zom-B novels,and 10 Demonata novels - and I own digital copies of all of them, a few digital copies of the Vampire's Assistant manga issues, and physical copies of 5 or 6 (look I don't have the space).

When I say I'm a fan of his work, I am a fan of Darren Shan's work.

 

But this is the first adult novel of his i've read (hence how it's authored by Darren Dash). I tried a bit of others, but it felt a bit try hard and surface level. 

This is a bigger improvement. The general freedom (relatively speaking) feels much more organic and not shoehorned in in an attempt to be edge (seriously, it's dicks out all the time. Just out there. It's honestly funny.)

It's a basic "Everyone is detached from humanity but I'm learning that there's more to life than perfection" novel with a fairly interesting twist on treating humans as swap-out-able.

I appreciate he didn't shy away from explaining (or trying to explain, the character is guesstimating and trying to make it approachable) the science for about 20 or so pages, with other characters interrupting to ask for clarity to break up what could be a science journal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, but don't be a dick either.

5 Kung Fu Panda 4

 I'm such a big fan of the first one, but ... They made this out of a studio mandate and completely stripped the character from it. The ...